[HOT] Activation for Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda)

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 17 16:27:37 UTC 2013

We had news yesterday that DigitalGlobe will provide free his imagery for Phillipines. We have to greatly thank them and all the spatial providers of imagery contributing to this humanitarian activation.

The coordination team is making a tremendous effort. Thanks to Andrew Buck and Maning Sambale. Coordination with Robert Banick and Dale Kunce from Red Cross is also tremendous. What has been done since nov. 7 speaks by itself. Not to talk about all the medias who published articles about this Activation.

Developpers have also enhanced various tools for this operation. This greatly enforce our Activation Workflow and give us the capacity to work more closely with the UN Agencies and the various NGO's on the ground, including the Red Cross.

We need some help to support this wiki page. Those that want to help. please come in the HOT IRC to discuss about helping us.

Please update the wiki page for Typhoon Haiyan to reflect the various
contributions. It is also important to document the News section to
better inform those that follow this Activation.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Typhoon_Haiyan#News_about_this_Activation_for_Typhoon_Haiyan

News about this Activation for Typhoon Haiyan
	* 7.1 Mapathon events
	* 7.2 Passed Events
	* 7.3 Tools enhanced and Statistics
	* 7.4 Contributor Statistics for this Activation
	* 7.5 Media coverage
	* 7.5.1 English
	* 7.5.2 French
	* 7.5.3 Italian