[HOT] PHL: making use of building damage data

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon Nov 25 10:47:22 UTC 2013

Hi Robert

As you said, The tagging scheme is simple but intriguing. If you remember, we decided to make compromises to move on rapidly to deliver printed maps 10 days after the disaster. At the same time we took care to add a tag  typhoon:damage=yes that would let us manage easily the data.

While we look at a better solution for the long term, we have to be careful to do it in a coordinated manner. It is important that the contributors continue to folllow the Workflow instructions in each Task Manager job.

We also need that a developper takes care of developping a script that would interrogate the OSM API history for each of these objects, and revise the data to correspond to the new tag scheme.

We also have to identify the tools that need revision for this new tag scheme and assure that these will be revised. We then have to discuss with the developpers and see how they can respond to that.  For one, the HOT humanitarian style will have to be adapted to the new tag schema.

And I insist again, we will have to implement this new solution in a coordinated manner, assuring that this has no impact on the mapping operations.

regard,

Pierre