[HOT] HOT Tech WG Meeting X+2

Dražen Odobašić dodobas at geoinfo.geof.hr
Wed Oct 23 08:07:23 UTC 2013

Tech WG IRC meeting X+2: Summary

ybon:
  * is scuba diving in Java (the programming language, not the island) - fuzzy
OSM data with ElasticSearch

chippy:
  * SDS Data Store test server hosted on Amazon is no longer a free instance
  * we should move this to amelia - ASAP

harry-wood:
  * exploring Vagrant (https://github.com/zhm/geobox,
https://github.com/perrygeo/vagrant-webmaps) which could be used to prepare
offlineHOT/USB key/Skynet/... for fieldwork
  * asked chippy to add pages on the wiki for SDS and VisualTag Chooser

dodobas:
  * frederik added nepal and mongolia to the export server and provided
documentation on how to actually deploy new areas (I need to check those docs)
  * created dev.hotosm.org DNS nameserver (hosted on amelia) which gives us full
control for the domain for dev purposes
  * deployed Tasking Manager V1 test instance (http://tasksv1.dev.hotosm.org)
  * deployed Tasking Manager V2 test instance (http://tasksv2.dev.hotosm.org)
  * invites others to test tasking services and report bugs/issues

skorasaurus:
  * fixing small rendering bugs on HDM-Cartocss map style
  * presented on the HDM/CartoCSS rendering at NACIS, a relatively well-known
cartography conference 2 weeks ago
  * raised concern for mapping domestic violence shelters ... most relevant
information can be found at
https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/26411/removing-data-for-safety-or-privacy-reasons