[HOT] Humanitarian Innovation Fund Proposal Brainstorming Chat

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Fri Oct 25 11:29:54 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I think we had a good chat with some ideas. To me what it brought up
was a need to have needs catalogued. Meaning we can accomplish
different goals in a variety of ways. What is important is
understanding the needs ahead of time. What this means to me is having
users clearly define what they think is missing and then have the
technical working group sketch out solutions.

I think for this round of the HIF doing a proposal towards
OpenAerialMap makes the most sense. There have certainly been imagery
holes at various points and time. The most recent one being not having
Orbview imagery available due to the US Government shutdown. The other
thing is there is a clear start to some budgeting that has already
done in the past.

If anyone wants to help on the expression of interest let me know. (It
is due Monday so there isn't a lot of time). If we get accepted I will
certainly want help with the larger proposal.

For future calls for expressions of interest lets get some other ideas
outlined and set-up ahead of time and think how to break them down
into discrete projects.

-Kate