[HOT] printing HDM map from osm

Yohan Boniface yohan.boniface at hotosm.org
Tue Sep 17 07:27:09 UTC 2013

On 09/17/2013 05:33 AM, Harry Wood wrote:
> Getting HDM-cartoCSS might be a smarter solution. Maybe someone can advise you on the hardcoded paths problem (/home/ybon/...)  (Yohan Boniface?)

Hi Laurent,

I'm sorry if you have not been able to run Tilemill locally.
There is no built in solution for managing local configuration in
Tilemill, so you have two options:
- the cleaner option is to use CartoCC, as stated in the README
- the simpler is to replace hardcoded path by hand, in the hdm.mml file;
as soon as you don't push or pull later you will have no problems with
this solution
Please note that in anyway Tilemill (through Millstone) will try to
download every shapes needed, which can be too much for a small Internet
connection. Also, you may want to remove the DEM layers, for the same
reason that it will be a pain to download with small Internet.

If you have a way to be on IRC, I can assist you in live (#hot, #hot-fr
on oftc servers).

Yohan