[HOT] HOT stick (Portable Apps) for Training/Workshops

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Fri Sep 27 09:34:07 UTC 2013

HI All,

All these ideas are really good, one thing I think we should keep in
mind if we do build this sort of thing is how we use it in the field.
Just meaning one of the advantages of getting everything installed on
someone's computer is they then have it to use easily. They are
rebooting into a USB stick or anything like that.

Kristy Van Putten and I recently did a workshop in OSM and InaSAFE at
FOSS4G. We used the OSGEO Live CD which worked okay, once we convinced
the computers to boot off of them.

Best,

-Kate