[HOT] The status of iD in HOT contexts/projects

Banick, Robert Robert.Banick at redcross.org
Sat Sep 28 09:21:32 UTC 2013

Hi John et al.,

Thanks for the update!

Acknowledged that imagery may have to wait a while. C'est la vie — I know you all are kept quite busy as things are.

Regarding conflict detection, I think myself, Kareem Ahmed, and the wonderful folks at the Kathmandu Living Labs will have a lot more constructive feedback after our training this week. We'll keep a running log of issues with all the softwares we're using and report back regarding the highest priority fixes for iD. Overall I agree that a full blown versioning editor is beyond scope for iD — we just need something a little more user-friendly than the current error messages.

Many thanks to Simon and the Operations Working Group for their GPX / Waypoints help!

Cheers,
Robert

Robert Banick | GIS Coordinator | International Services | Ì American Red Cross<http://www.redcross.org/>
2025 E Street NW, Washington, DC 20006
Tel 202-303-5017 | Cell 202-805-3679 | Skype robert.banick