[HOT] [OSM-talk] Advices on OSM mobile applications for IPhone and Ipad handy for field work in humanitarian contexts

Christian Ledermann christian.ledermann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 14:14:42 UTC 2014

I made good experiences with OSM for Android (although not in a 'HOT
environment').
If you can spend some time and resources for development you can customize
it to your needs

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Severin Menard <severin.menard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Existing ones I think.
> GoMap!! is a really good app even for editing. For quick offline
> navigation, Mapswithme is great.
>

> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Oleg Shanyuk <gelosi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi
>>
>> do you look for existing apps or you looking into making new one?
>>
>> --
>> RO
>>
>> On Apr 8, 2014, at 12:22 PM, nicolas chavent <nicolas.chavent at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am not familiar with Apple products, any advices/recommendations on OSM
>> mobile applications for IPhone and Ipad handy for field work in
>> humanitarian contexts, similar to osmAND (Android) we have been
>> using/relying on in some HOT on-the-ground projects over the past year.
>>
>> Any additional recommendations on Android are equally welcome.
>>
>> Thanks in advance and apologize for cross-posting
>>
>> Excellent day to all,
>> Ciao
>> Nico
>>
>> --
>> Nicolas Chavent
>> Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
>> http://hot.openstreetmap.org/
>> Mobile (FRA): +33 (0)6 52 40 78 20
>> Email: nicolas.chavent at hotosm.org
>> Email: nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
>> Skype: c_nicolas
>> Twitter: nicolas_chavent

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

London - UK
Mobile : +44 7899488511

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>