[HOT] Looking for maps of Lesotho

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 11 06:33:56 UTC 2014

Dave,

A good ressource for names is from http://earth-info.nga.mil/gns/html/namefiles.htm

You can download the country file for Lesotho.  In a spreadsheet, you can filter to keep only the populated places (ie DSG=PPL).
Then select the following variables, add a place column and save as CSV file.
- LAT
- LON
- FULL_NAME_RG (rename as name)
- add a colum place and give it the value hamlet

 In JOSM, the opendata plugin will let read the csv file.  Using Bing Imagery or other, one important step is to align the Place tag with the villages. The TODO plugin can be used to pass the list of places one by one.

Pierre