[HOT] Humanitarian Mapping

Tom M paview9 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 00:48:37 UTC 2014

Hello. I am the GIS professor at a small school just southeast of
Pittsburgh,PA called California University of Pennsylvania. I am fairly new
to HOT. My students worked on MapGive as part of their lab.  How much
Humanitarian Mapping is occurring at colleges?  I also think another way to
expand the community would be through educational materials. For example,
it would be great if I could find some examples of how these maps are used
and then I could use these examples in my World Regional Geography class.
The students would not necessarily complete any mapping but they would
become aware of HOT.

Just my two cents
Tom Mueller