[HOT] OSM Community mapping in flood prone areas in Malawi

Severin Menard severin.menard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 07:17:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

I published yesterday a blog post about the HOT project in Malawi in which
Maning, Emir and I will be involved:
http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/2014-08-02_project_in_malawi_starts_in_the_field

We will be able to replicate and emphasize what happened a few months ago
in Lubumbashi, DRC with an interaction between the HOT-OSM worldwide
community and Hotties in the field, teaching government, local authorities
and local communities to use OSM for mapping and more specifically this
time crisis preparedness, as the areas of interests are flood prone along
the Shire river. We will also set OSM Community mobilizers that will be
identified throughout the project to continue the mapping and the
interaction in the future. I get back soon as mentioned in the blog post
with a first TM job and presets to make evolve.

Sincerely,

Severin