[HOT] OSM Ebola Response as of august 2014

Pierre BĂ©land pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 6 14:56:21 UTC 2014

I've published a new update about the Ebola Response.
http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/2014-08-05_reactivation_of_hot_for_the_ebola_epidemic_second_update

With 4.3 millions objects added to the OSM database, the intensity of this OSM Activation is now equivalent to the Philippines Haiyan Activation.  The areas mapped in West Africa represent a square of approximately 155 km x 155 km.

The weekly WHO reports in july have showed a constant increase in the no. of cases. We are in contac with various UN Agencies, humanitarian organizations deployed in West Africa and Satellite imagery providers. We will continue to follow the needs of the humanitarians deployed on the ground and add as necessary new HOT Tasking Manager jobs to cover new areas as needed.

The wiki page for the activation has been enhanced to promote the various exports offered by the OSM community and partners.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2014_West_Africa_Ebola_Response#Exporting_OpenStreetMap_data

Recall of various ungoing OSM Activations with the link to the HOT Tasking Manager.  Thanks to all the contributors. For the Ebola Activation alone, 712 OSM contributors from around the world have contributed remotely since march, mapping the various areas.

Ebola http://tasks.hotosm.org/?sort_by=priority&direction=asc&search=ebola

Gaza http://tasks.hotosm.org/?sort_by=priority&direction=asc&search=gaza

Central African Republic http://tasks.hotosm.org/?sort_by=priority&direction=asc&search=Central+African+Republic

South Sudan http://tasks.hotosm.org/?sort_by=priority&direction=asc&search=South+Sudan