[HOT] Tasking Manager2

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 20:57:57 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us>
wrote:

> I'd like to give a short update on Tasking Manager 2 to our 10th
> Anniversary Celebration in Seattle. Can someone give me a short description
> on the latest v2.4.0, update on the following enhancements?
>
> Difficulty can be set for each task

Project managers can now set a difficulty level (from easy to hard) for
each single task. Information about the difficulty rating (when available)
is given to contributors when they select a task. Beginners may prefer to
work on easy task whereas experienced mappers can work on more difficult
tasks.

> Priority areas can be defined for a project

Project managers can draw polygons within the project area to distinguish
sections where the work needs to be done in priority. For example, after an
earthquake, urban areas close to the epicenter need to be mapped first.
The priority areas are shown on the map.
Also when contributors "take a task at random", they are preferably given
tasks that are in the priority areas.

> Users are informed when a task they worked on is invalidated

In the validation process, contributors can invalidate the work done on a
task if they consider it's not complete or not correctly done. In this
case, the user who "marked the task as done" is sent a message with the
comment by the validator. This will eventually help contributors to avoid
mistakes and do a better mapping.

> Project tasks can be exported to GeoJSON

Project managers can export the projects' tasks as a GeoJSON file so that
they can use it elsewhere (QGIS?). They can use it for reports for example.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards.
Pierre