[HOT] Question about background image alignment

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 14:37:00 UTC 2014

On 8/10/2014 10:20 AM, Pierre Béland wrote:
> Thanks Blake
>
> We are happy that these Activations bring in new contributors. This is
> how I started myself with Haiti in 2010. More then having the
> satisfaction to help for humanitarian relief, this is a context where we
> have the opportunity to learn with the community that participate to
> this action.

I am very happy to be here and hope to share the message about HOT with
a few local groups I am part of.

> Looking at the edits for Naiyama, I see that they were done by a new
> contributor using Potlatch 2. He does not provide information about the
> Imagery he has used. So far he had less then 20 Edit sessions. He does
> not seem to understand the basic rules of mapping.
>

> JOSM is better to do such a Job. If we use the shorcut key Q, this let's
> orthogonalize the buildings (right angles). A better and simpler way to
> proceed, is to add the Building plugin in JOSM and trace using th B
> shortcut Key.

Interesting, I think learning to use JOSM will be my next step.

> Inside the landuse=residential polygon, wee see a second polygon with
> the place=hamlet and name= tags. There is already a node to identify
> this place and this polygon should be simply deleted since it does not
> correspond to OSM mapping standards.
>
> I also see some ways with the higway=footway tag. I cannot observe this
> on the map and these ways are not connected to the highway network.
>
> Since this is a small village and the work so badly traced, the best
> solution to my point of view is to erase and restart.

I understand, very informative, thank you for explaining all of that. I
will do as you and Ralf have suggested. As a new person I am very
worried about making mistakes that is why I ask so many questions at the
beginning.

Cheers,
Blake Girardot