[HOT] GNS name merging discussion thread

Pierre BĂ©land pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sat Aug 16 13:18:28 UTC 2014

Oups! did not spot splitted square. I go back to my morning coffee!

Pierre

________________________________
 De : Andrew Buck <andrew.r.buck at gmail.com>
À : hot at openstreetmap.org
Envoyé le : Samedi 16 août 2014 9h10
Objet : Re: [HOT] GNS name merging discussion thread

No, it is not that, it is because the task tile itself was split and
we don't have a file for that.  Blake Giradot has worked out a
solution and will do these squares himself.

- -AndrewBuck

On 08/16/2014 08:07 AM, Pierre Béland wrote:
> Ralf,
>
> if you select a square at the border of the country, it is possible
> that there is nothing there. If this is the case, the tool to split
> the original GNS file do not create a file for this square.
>
> In JOSM, looking at the imagery for this square should confirm that
> there is no village in thi area of Sierra Leone.
>
> regard
>

> Pierre

> <gtrwst9 at gmail.com> À : Cc : HOT Discussion list
> <hot at openstreetmap.org> Envoyé le : Samedi 16 août 2014 3h10 Objet
> : Re: [HOT] GNS name merging discussion thread
>

> Hi, when trying to load GNS from a split square in task #619,
> nothing is loaded (unsplit squares do work). Also, trying to
> download data directly from the given link
> http://dev.camptocamp.com/files/hotosm/ebola_sierra_leone_gns_import/gns_12_1921_2139.shp.csv

will yield a 404.