[HOT] Kaduna State eHealth Africa Roads import

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 15:54:43 UTC 2014

Hi, Séverin:

Tagging is automatic.

I am working with a script to better join the segments and, therefore,
make the process faster. But it's not trivial, and it's taking me time.

I would suggest to start this import and, when ready, incorporate the
script to the workflow. It would take around 2 months or so with 3
people working full time.

Cheers,

Rafael.

On 24/08/14 05:38, Severin Menard wrote:
> Hi Rafa,
>
> Thanks for facilitating this. DId you find the good way to join and
> tag the roads without having to do everything manually (like a
> script or a set of actions to get a result that needs to be checked
> after)?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Severin
>

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM, Rafael Avila Coya
> <ravilacoya at gmail.com <mailto:ravilacoya at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi all:
>
> eHealth Africa has released a set of data for Kaduna State. They
> are 3 files: one for roads, another of water lines (streams and
> rivers) and the last one for water bodies (riverbanks, lakes,
> wetlands, etc.).
>
> The file for roads covers more than 83,000 thousand km of roads,
> tracks, paths, etc.
>
> Main issues:
>
> 1) They come with only the information about the surface. 2) The
> ways are segmented and need to be joined and tagged according to
> Bing imagery (most of Kaduna is covered by Bing [1]). 3) They are
> disaligned against Bing. The proposal is to align them to Bing, but
> comments specially about this issue are most welcome.
>
> I've written the import wiki [2] and the import detailed workflow
> [3], where you have all links and information.
>
> Points 1) and 2) will make the (manual) import not much faster (if
> at all faster) than standard remote mapping, but would have the
> (big) advantage of not missing the access to almost any hamlet,
> making the whole result much more complete.
>
> I will send this same email to the imports list. Sorry for
> duplication for those who are subscribed to more than one of this
> mailing lists.
>
> Thank you in advance for any input,
>
> Rafael Ávila Coya.
>
> [1] Kaduna Bing coverage: