[HOT] 2014 Gaza Strip Activation

Fred Moine frmoine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 08:04:54 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for all your contribution, of course we didn't finish but OCHA
and the shelter cluster need a first version.

"They are planning to use the data to highlight the damaged structures and
shelter cluster is looking for alternative existing housing unites in safe
places."

"At the moment, it is estimated that 17,000 housing units were damaged and
uninhabitable. As a result of the ongoing hostilities, more than 110,000
IDPs will not be able to go home even if the negotiating parties reach a
long term cease fire agreement"

With this data, they can refine their analysis and have the latest map.

See the links made by ocha on their COD FOD platform

https://www.humanitarianresponse.info/applications/data/dataset/palestinian-territory-occupied-damage-assessments
. "

PS:

I will not have time today to update the wiki and provide link to updload
OSM

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2014_Gaza_Strip#Data_updates

If somebody can do it.

This evening I will work again on more tasks and some validation.

voluntarily yours,

FredM

PS: Next step the HOT blog of course, but first the useful product (huge
work again to do), thanks for your understanding.