[HOT] Validating & TM2 - providing feedback to new mappers

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 17:47:37 UTC 2014

Hi Severin,

Sounds like a nice approach. However the first two steps are unneeded
- we can detect new users when they mark squares as done, not via
changeset hashtags. In my experience newcomers often forget to tag
changesets, so your approach would miss many of them - yet we already
know their username within the Tasking Manager.

Also I'm not keen on the idea of marking users as "bad for such and
such". It would be better simply to have neutral state plus "good for
such and such".

Best
Dan