[HOT] OpenStreetMap database unexpectedly offline.

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 21:43:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

The backend OSM services like the database and API are down. I think the
site still serves cached tile content, but our mapping probably will not
be working as it relies on the database.

It was unexpected and due to something at the hosting provider so they
do not have an estimated return to service time.

If anyone is interested, a tech group member suggested following this
twitter web page for updates:

https://twitter.com/OSM_Tech

Regards,
Blake