[HOT] [Feature Interpretation] #817 - Guinea, Kankan East

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 15 23:35:18 UTC 2014

 You seem to refer to this oval form object at the center. You see shadow, and I would also interpret this as a building (building=yes).

We cannot tell if this is building=roof for example. Architecture is related to climate. In Guinea, the structures can be simply a roof or houses. See a "case à palabre" (translation: the hut of palaver ) where the elders of the village discuss http://www.guinee-bissau.net/photos/casemanjak.jpg
 See also various examples https://www.google.ca/search?q=habitat+traditionnel+guinee&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=S22PVKOWA5LGsQSz7YGYAw&ved=0CC8Q7Ak&biw=1252&bih=539

In this same village, going west we see a mix of huts and houses. We cannot tell if these huts are only roofs to protect from the sun as we se on this image http://mediatheque.francophonie.org/Village-guineen-Baie-de-Sangareya.html
Then for the huts, we add the tag building=hut
I will ask if field teams can provide us some pictures of this village.

Pierre