[HOT] New(ish) GPX data layer available for mapping - Strava data

Sander Deryckere sanderd17 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 10:18:13 UTC 2014

It might be Bing that's outdated, or Strava being outdated there. I found
this article which might be related:
http://allafrica.com/stories/200508190509.html

So it's a dam (to the SW of the bigger lake), created after mining stuff,
but the dam collapsed due to rainfall in 2005, and presumably, they're
building it up again. So the lakes you see might be dry now, or might have
been dry in the past. I don't think there has ever been a bridge. When
you're building a dam, I guess it's quite normal to flood some areas while
trying to keep others dry where you're building.

About Strava, it's a sports app, so the best and most recent information is
available in regions where sports is exercised (typically the richer
areas). However, the app is so popular that it has more GPS info than any
other source we have available, and GPS info tends to always be correlated
with wealth anyway.

Regards,
Sander