[HOT] Bolivian Floods was ( contact)

Ariel Nunez ingenieroariel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 20:54:22 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Since October last year, Bolivia has been hit with heavy flooding. 42.000
families are estimated to have been affected and 40 people have lost their
lives.

Based on the request from Fernando Molina, who represents
GeoBolivia/Vicepresidency and with information from Capitán Carlos Mariaca
from the Viceministry of Defense (SINAGER/Defensa Civil) we used Pierre
Béland's help to set up the following tasks:

http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/419  (Trinidad, Beni)
http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/417  (Chapare, Cochabamba)
http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/418  (Ixiamas, La Paz)

The idea is to get help with tracing buildings, waterways and roads. Any
help will be greatly appreciated and used by the relevant authorities
responding to the event. We will now extend the call for action to the
relevant spanish speaking OSM mailing list and try to organice mapping
parties for local volunteers.

Thanks in advance,

Ariel Núñez
GFDRR Labs
Global Facility For Disaster Reduction and Recovery
The World Bank