[HOT] Bolivian Floods: "landuse=forest" or "natural=wood"?

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 03:25:27 UTC 2014

Hi, Humberto:

About the forest vs. wood, it depends. Although there are 3 approaches
to which one to choose (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dwood#Notes ), it's
generally accepted to use the tag forest for areas covered mainly with
trees planted for forestry use, and wood for unmanned woodlands.

In Bolivia, I would surely use natural=wood for most areas of the East
that are on the Amazonas basin, and just try to guess which one is the
most adecuate in other areas. Personally, when uncertain, I use the
landuse=forest tagging.

Having a chat inside the task manager? Well, I usually chat through
the HOT IRC channel to ask questions or agree in things, and it works
quite well. It has the advantage that in the IRC you have people
working in one TM job + people not working in any TM job at that time.
But still, I don't have a clear idea of what is the best solution, if
there is any one better than the rest.

There is the JOSM GeoChat too.

Cheers,

Rafael Ávila Coya.