[HOT] Thoughts Using Loomio for Discussions

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Wed Feb 12 07:21:04 UTC 2014

Hi All,

The Digital Humanitarian Network recently began using Loomio(1) for
discussions and decision making. I think the tool is interesting.
Basically it facilitates people being able to state their opinions as
well as eventually come to a proposal and vote.

A new feature that has me really excited is the ability to translate
discussions inline(2). As our community grows and our membership
increases it is going to be difficult to have discussions within the
membership and ensure everyone is included. I think using a tool with
this sort of translation could be really useful.

What do you think? I can set-up a test discussion so that people can
get the idea.

Best,

-Kate

(1) https://www.loomio.org/