[HOT] Nominations for HOT Chair of the voting members and Board are open

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sat Feb 15 20:40:02 UTC 2014

The dynamism and innovation capacity of the volunteers and contractuals of
HOT over the last four years have permitted the development of various
OpenSource softwares, the development of various local
communities in Haiti, Africa and Asia. We also succeeded to the renforcement of the
coordination with various international organizations and humanitarian
NGO's to respond to various humanitarian crisis.

To continue to progress, we should assure that we have a vision of the
future that is shared by the membership. Our various actions and
decisions should be respectful of the diversity of the actors both
internally, among the partners and the various countries we support. We have to asssure internal
coordination so that the
volunteered and contractual activities of HOT give us the possibility to respond to our mission with a spirit of neutrality, independance,
openess and respect of both internal actors and NGO's operating often in very challenging
contexts.

For me, it is also essential that the more engaged volunteers have
the capacity to participate to orientations of HOT. To recognize their
contribution and to move to a more efficient organization, it is also
essential to offer them to participate to contractual activities. This
will let them better
understand the challenging context of field operations and develop the
capacity to better respond to the needs of the humanitarian NGO's
collecting data in such context.

The Haiyan activation in Philippines gave us great exposure. This offers
very good opportunities of development where various funders show
interest to collaborate.

But to continue in this direction,
Governance is a key factor of our organization and the revision of the
bylaws can contribute to reinforce the basic values of our humanitarian
organization. To continue to progress while assuring harmony in our
organization,  we should assure that internal coordination, contractual
activities and Human Ressources programs be operated with openess and
ethic. Neither the staff or the Board of HOT should be responsible of
these activities without openess, control and respect of our basic
values.

Let's try to revise our bylaw to
assure that management organization and procedures always assure that
our values are respected. Let's give also to our partners the confidence
 that we are a solid and ethical organization.

Cheers,

 Pierre