[HOT] Validation queries

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 13:48:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

Would you like me to join in with the validation process? I am
experienced in mapping OSM, but am fairly new to regularly mapping HOT
projects.

I'm responsible for some of the mapping in
http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/72, as well as trying to change some of the
more obvious 'highway=track to highway=residential or unclassified etc..
or it may be easier to check what I've done using my OSM profile
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy/history#map=13/4.4168/18.4936&layers=N

How much validation is actually needed / done? Is it a proportion of the
whole task, or just until you are confident that, all things considered,
the task is fulfilled? You're never going to get 100% as some things
boil down to opinion about what the images actually are of, but the vast
proportion is pretty obvious.

Any constructive feedback from experienced HOT mappers is welcomed.

Regards

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

Mapping volunteer 'Tallguy' for http://www.openstreetmap.org
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/>

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk
<mailto:treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk>)