[HOT] contact

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 31 14:41:59 UTC 2014

Hi Fernando,

When major events occur, the HOT community can collaborate by mapping at distance like we just did for Philippines. Otherwise, we can support you in various ways and the best place is to come on this list and discuss.

In  such situations, I would say that you want basically

1. To improve the OpenStreetMap database

The HOT Task manager can be used to prepare jobs to coordinate mapping among contributors. The zone is divided in smaller squares were each contributor selects a task to do. We can help you on this.

2. Have Impact Map where Crowdsource information helps follow events. These maps are also used to provide informations about the situation and the available servcies.
See  Crowdmap from Ushahidi, https://crowdmap.com/welcome
Crowdmap is a tool that let receive Crowdsource information about the various events, the damaged infrastructures. You can receive SMS and geolocate these various reports on the map. Ilt is also possible to add various layers to describe flooded zones, damaged infrastructures, refuges  and  other services. You can create an account and create you own Impact Map. This application is translated in various languages including Espanol,
See for example, the Crowdmap for the Haruna Typhoon in Madagascar last year.
https://haruna.crowdmap.com/

Pierre