[HOT] Not That Newbie, Intro

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 17:34:02 UTC 2014

Welcome Enock!

Happy to hear that the Peace Corps initiatives triggered your interest and brought you into the fold.

Sounds like you are well on your way ... curious how you managed to find other users in Ghana. This can sometimes be tricky (some suggestions at http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mikelmaron/diary/18630).

Can't underestimate the value of an event to help start a community. That could take the form of a mapping party, and there's many of us here who can advise on making that a good experience. Key is to reach out through your networks ... there's a good overlap between the Wikipedia and OSM communities in other places, and I bet you could find some interest there.

-Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron