[HOT] Launching the hot mailing list in French

Fran Boon francisboon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 12:08:08 UTC 2014

On 11 July 2014 12:46, Dan S <danstowell+osm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 11 July 2014 12:01, Michael Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz> wrote:
>>> support-but-not-control mission of the OSMF
>> This is exactly what comes to my mind observing this discussion...I
>> would much prefer to see the HOT board being supportive rather than
>> trying to be controlling.
> I know we all read emails a bit differently from each other, but to me
> Heather's message was not "controlling" - she wasn't asking for
> control, she was asking for discussion.

To my understanding there *has* been a lot of discussion of this -
just not within the English mailing lists...which is quite
understandable as really it's not belonging there.

Severin has actioned something which I think no-one can seriously say
is a bad thing & is being publically rapped across the knuckles for
doing this in way which someone thinks isn't quite appropriate.

I read this as a top-down organisation where grassroots action is
actively discouraged...this may reflect HOT Inc, but I hope doesn't
reflect the wider HOT community...

> Related to that, I agree with
> what Joseph Reeves just wrote: it makes sense to discuss these things
> first, especially for HOT which _is_ more structured than OSM in
> general.

HOT Inc yes, the members list yes, the wider HOT community, I would argue not.