[HOT] #hotosm-task-568 complete

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 17 19:41:06 UTC 2014

Hi Alexander

the objective of the http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Highway_Tag_Africa wiki page is to propose a classification that both represent well the reality of african coutries and let's construct a hierarchy of roads that is simple to apply.

We do not change classification of a road that cross a town. It stands as primary, secondary or tertiary.  For the distinction between tertiary and unclassified, I suggest that roads interconnecting villages are classified as tertiary. Unclassified is then reserved for roads that go to smaller villages and hamlets (more or less dea ends. The same with tracks, this is for connection from villages to farmlands.

Pierre