[HOT] Ebola Outbreak Activation

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 13:22:20 UTC 2014

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

Previously, there was no real way to list the projects associated to
"an activation".

For example, the following link didn't really list the jobs for the
"Ebola" related activation.
http://tasks.hotosm.org/#featured/Ebola

What it actually did is searching for jobs with "ebola" in their name
and/or description (even in the middle of words) and shows only the
"featured" ones.
If for any reason "ebola" was contained in a word (for example:
"aktiebolag" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktiebolag) in the
description, the corresponding job would also be listed.

So, Mikel is right, if one wants a similar result, the following link works:
http://tasks.hotosm.org/?sort_by=priority&direction=asc&search=Ebola

The only difference is that it doesn't only show the high priority
projects. However, high priority projects will appear on top.

About grouping projects "by activation", though it's indeed a
must-have feature, it's not under development. Correct me if I'm wrong
but it has never been planned.

I fully understand Pierre's frustrations but adding new features
fatally may break existing one. I've been doing my best to break as
less features as possible, and to get a Tasking Manager more powerful
than it was before.

Pierre