[HOT] Amazing OSM mapping progress in Nigeria

Severin Menard severin.menard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 00:01:50 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I had a check on the ITO Map "Recent Edits last 90 days" over the Western
Africa. We can see clearly the work done in Guinea, Burkina Faso around
Nanoro and in Ivory Coast, but what is blindingly obvious is the massive
edits over Nigeria, especially in the North. Check this out and zoom, it is
really, really impressive:
http://www.itoworld.com/map/127?lon=3.45589&lat=9.62204&zoom=5&fullscreen=true&open_sidebar=map_key

This is due to the collected data of the eHealth program that decided to
put in OpenStreetMap, thanks to Rafael's facilitation when people from this
program contacted the list a few months ago and he took the time to reply.
Those who follow the OSM import list may know what it is about, but I think
it is worth you do a presentation to everyone of what happened and what
will (likely) happen, Rafael.

Sincerely,

Severin