[HOT] [OSM-talk] Guinea Ebola Outbreak, Mapping to support MSF

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Thu Mar 27 19:49:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

A broader Landsat-8 mosaic centered on the initial area of interest and
covering parts of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, made of 10 images
taken between 2013-12-24 and 2013-03-14, pansharpened both in 4-3-2 and
7-5-3 bands combinations, is available as TMS.

URLs for JOSM:

tms[19]:http://imagery.openstreetmap.fr/tms/1.0.0/guinee_l8_pxs432/{zoom}/{x}/{y}
tms[19]:http://imagery.openstreetmap.fr/tms/1.0.0/guinee_l8_pxs753/{zoom}/{x}/{y}

(add in Edit/Preferences/WMS-TMS/+TMS/ with a name you give, and find in
Imagery menu.
It is not useful to lower max zoom value and it affects pixel shape when
you zoom in fully.)

We noticed that settlements (landuse=residential) tend to appear in
light pink in the 7-5-3 band combination.

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem