[HOT] Tharparkar Drought in Sindh Province, Pakistan - Mapping to support Aid Deliveries

Mark Cupitt markcupitt at gmail.com
Mon May 5 01:43:31 UTC 2014

Dear All

In support of the Drought Relief Efforts in The Tharparker Desert, the HOT
Community has a Humanitarian Mapping Project (HMP) underway to map
population areas, access roads and airfields as well as water sources and
other critical information.

The Tharparker region in Pakistan is the world's 18th largest desert and
has been in a state of drought since late 2013. Recently more than 100
people have died as a result of the effects of the drought.

The Pakistan Government has mobilized to assist this stricken area and this
HMP will be useful to support relief efforts by agencies attempting to
reach all the people in need.

Full background information on the drought and mapping needs are on the HMP
Wiki<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Pakistan_Tharparkar_Drought>
Page
and Tasking Manger job <http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/479> exists for the
area and is over 60% completed.

Please help with mapping and validation so this task may be completed.

Regards

Mark Cupitt
Thrarparkar HMP Lead

"If we change the world, let it bear the mark of our intelligence"

See me on Open StreetMap <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mark_Cupitt>

See me on LinkedIn <http://ph.linkedin.com/in/markcupitt>

*See me on StackExchange <http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/17846/mark-c>*

The contents of this email are intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain
recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute,
or use the contents of this email. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the email and any attachments.