[HOT] CU Boulder Tasking Manager UX Recommendations

Monique Mitchell moniquemitchell55 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 00:22:43 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are doing well. I'm sorry for the delay on these
documents; it took a little longer to get a few of the final pieces
together than I anticipated due to alternating schedules and technical
issues. I want to remind everyone that all the material is a
preliminary overview and should be taken with a grain of salt. That
having been said, I'm really excited about some of the ideas presented
by the CU Boulder team. I will put several links below with textual
introductions to give context. I imagine that going though the
material in the order 1, 2, and then 3 would be the most logical, but
not obligatory.

(1a) A Youtube video of a presentation given in class that explains
some of the language contributions and then does a walk-through of the
mockup. Unfortunately, the presentation was cut short due to time
constraints and the audience was a little different than this
listserv, but I think it could still be useful.  ~15 minutes:
http://youtu.be/kRF2dca9R2g

(1b) The Google Presentation file itself since it's a little difficult
to see in the video:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1CnIkYv34NT2hHOQ-raBtvr3dzncb3vHHAKc3Gv45wiQ/edit#slide=id.p

(2a) The semi-interactive mockup that is hosted live on one of my
classmate's servers:
http://hermanyhorses.com/hotmock/

(2b) A zipped file of the mockup in case someone wants to fiddle with
it offline. Caveat, this website was put together quickly just to give
a visual, so if you dig into the code you'll see that many things were
hard-entered instead of completely fleshed out:
http://hermanyhorses.com/hotmock.zip

(3) The full documentation that includes some ideas/recommendations
that were not fully captured in the mockup:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nsR8nAovnH84TKbJ52eifTtNNjrwutqqt83xBbAPQaE/edit

As always, feel free to email me with any questions and I'll try my
best to make the next Technical Working Group IRC as well, but it'll
depend on my new work schedule.

Kindest regards,
Monique