[HOT] Import of 1, 087 health facilities in Kano State from eHealth Africa database

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Thu May 29 23:58:06 UTC 2014

Hi, Pierre:

On 30/05/14 00:28, Pierre Béland wrote:

> Hi Rafael,
>
> I went to the process of using TM job
> http://tasks.dev.hotosm.org/job/481.
> <http://tasks.dev.hotosm.org/job/481> From there, I can see that
> the problem comes from the build.osmsharp.com returning an empty
> osm file for splitted tasks.
>
> If I select a splitted task, here
> http://tasks.dev.hotosm.org/job/481#task/2144/2184/12 and in the
> Task panel I select the Click here link, this produces the
> following command where I can copy the url and see the result
> directly in the browser :
>
> http://localhost:8111/import?new_layer=true&url=http://build.osmsharp.com:815/data/2144/2184/11/eHealth_Africa_Kano_Health.osm

Yes.

It seems that osmsharp can't change the link when we split the task.

> providing the url to the browser, this osm file is returned, where
> the contents is empty <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <osm
> version="0.6" generator="OsmSharp"> </osm>

In fact, in the Centrafrique UNICEF import some tasks didn't have any
node to import, and it returns the same osm empty file. It's not a big
issue, but could be confusing for some people helping with the import.
So I will just add this to the import workflow wikipage.

> A second problem is to filter data to have only health data from
> OSM. I dont think that this aspect has been discussed before. A
> solution would be in JOSM to filter and show only the health
> facilities.

Using the JOSM filter amenity="hospital" would do it. Well, I use the
JOSM filter all the time, and it can help see what we have in the OSM
database for each task, but I wonder if it is a good idea to add this
to the workflow. Maybe adding it as an option or suggestion, I mean
something like "when you open the OSM and eHealth layers, you can make
the OSM layer active and filter it with amenity="hospital", so you can
clearly see all health facilities we have already in the OSM database."

Rafael.

*De :* Rafael Avila Coya <ravilacoya at gmail.com>