[HOT] osm now has changeset discussions - use for validation messages?

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 20:42:36 UTC 2014

Hi all,

OpenStreetMap has a new feature called changeset discussions - described here:
https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2014/11/02/introducing-changeset-discussions/

It seems quite useful for feedback on HOT aerial mapping. As an
example, I just validated a square and I added a comment on the actual
changeset itself:

For now, I _also_ put the same comment into the Tasking Manager item:
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/713#task/203

A nice thing about this new feature is that it automatically emails
the right people to notify them of the comments. A possible negative
is that the "conversation" is entirely public.

Any other HOT validators have opinions about whether we should start
to make more use of the feature?

Best
Dan