[HOT] bother adding source=Whatever to each object?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 23:35:54 UTC 2014

On 11/3/2014 2:01 PM, Ray Kiddy wrote:

> I had wondered about this when I saw multiple source values on an
> object. I mean, which other attributes came from which source?
> Technically the source should map to the subset of the attributes that
> were observed from that source, but in real life, I would have no idea
> how that could be presented in a way anyone would understand.

This can be done for the most part with tags that look like this for
example:

source=Bing
source:alt_name=GNS
source:name=survey
etc

If you want to list a specific source for some bit of the object just
use source:x=value format.

As you mention, this is more on objects than changesets, but it could
apply to changesets if you wanted to use it that way and it was accurate.

Blake