[HOT] unknown structures are buildings?

Ray Kiddy ray at ganymede.org
Tue Nov 4 01:58:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 09:16:50 +0800
maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:

> To me, it looks like building=construction (the dividing walls are
> visible).  Nearly the same as what I've seen on the ground in Malawi,
> Africa.
> If you're unsure, just tag it as building=yes.

Is there a place on a wiki to place pictures that can be examined to
learn to recognize some of the local structures? A catalog that shows
how different things appear in different places?

I have had similar questions. I had a pic and the round honeycomb
looking things were identified as casava plants growing in bunches in
Liberia. Is there a logical place on one of the wikis, a sort of image
catalog, where I could add this pic and mark it with "Casava plant,
Liberia, resolution of image = x"?

I was editing in "#479 Tharparkar Drought, Sindh, Pakistan", and some of
this stuff could have been on the moon. I just have no context to
figure out the shapes of houses, what wells look like (just like
houses?) and so on.

A catalog of the structure types one might find in, for example, the
deserts of Pakistan might be helpful.

We could me mapping in Mongolia and I am also not going to know what a
yurt looks like from above. Same thing.

I went to the wiki and did a search, for example, on Pakistan and got
back, as you might expect, the page on Pakistan. This page does not
show me, however, how the different types of houses there may appear in
imagery.

I can, of course, start something, and will. I just wanted to see if
there are suggestions from you all first.

thanx - ray