[HOT] unknown structures are buildings?

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 22:41:58 UTC 2014

Would there be any problem linking it from somewhere in learnosm? I'd be
happy to have a check through for somewhere suitable and do the work.

Regards

Nick

On 04/11/14 22:09, Pierre Béland wrote:

> Hi Blake
>

> revisiting your page, it is already quite instructive bringing
> attention to various aspects. It is clear and easy to understand.
>

> Even if not yet completed, we could link to this in the Task Manager
> to help beginners.
>

> Pierre

> *De :* Blake Girardot <bgirardot at gmail.com>
> *À :* Ray Kiddy <ray at ganymede.org>
> *Cc :* hot at openstreetmap.org
> *Envoyé le :* Mardi 4 novembre 2014 16h39
> *Objet :* Re: [HOT] unknown structures are buildings?
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> I think the only reason my mapping tips page hasn't made it anywhere
> else is because I haven't finished it yet and I was sort of waiting
> until it got done and was given a final once over by everyone to make
> sure I am not pointing out anything incorrectly before sharing it widely
> as a resource. I have most of the data for the remaining sections so the
> rest should go pretty quickly.
>
> I have been spending most of my time on validating and trying to help
> with a data import which is almost done and then I can finish up the
> tips page(s) and get them somewhere easier to find.
>
> cheers
> Blake
>

> On 11/4/2014 4:27 PM, Ray Kiddy wrote:
> > On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 20:59:57 +0000
> > Michel Gilbert<michcasa at gmail.com <mailto:michcasa at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Ian,
> >>
> >> I found this page:
> >>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Bgirardot/West_African_HOT_Mapping_Tips
> >> that is created by BGirardot that provides good tips helping to
> >> understand the context for mapping West Africa in terms of features.
> >>
> >> As an uninitiated HOT mappers I would need more of these.
> >>
> >> Michel
> >
> > It seems an obvious suggestion that a link to the page above could
> > appear on the page which some of the Instructions are linking to:
> >
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2014_West_Africa_Ebola_Response
> >
> > Obviously BGirardot's brain is not automatically hooked to all the wiki
> > pages it should be hooked up with, more's the pity. :-)
> >
> > And this whole discussion could tie into the thread on the list:
> >
> >    "Video that Best Represents Our Work?"
> >
> > This thread seems to end up discussing ways to use video to help teach
> > mappers how to do better mapping.
> >
> > This may be a good time for a straw-man catalog/training tool to appear
> > on the wiki.
> >
> > - ray

> <mailto:ray at ganymede.org>>

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk
<mailto:treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk>)