[HOT] Are there any detailed reports or research on the utilization of HOT maps on the ground?

Benson Funk Wilder bensonwilder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:27:34 UTC 2014

While we have no authority, Andy, I think you should trust us!

I'll echo the call for more and better documentation of how data are used
at the operational level, expanding upon what ARC, MSF, WB/GFDRR and others
have been doing to help 'make the case.'

The Humanitarian Information Unit is in the Office of the Geographer at the
Department.  Within our institution, a lot of what we have to do is educate
our colleagues on the value of any and all kinds of geographic data - not
to mention the unique value of a resource like OSM.

For anyone coming to ICCM this week, the documentation challenge is part of
what we want to talk about during our 'deeper dive' session on Saturday,
"Building Ecosystems Around OSM."

Cheers,
Benson