[HOT] Are there any detailed reports or research on the utilization of HOT maps on the ground?

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 7 17:56:53 UTC 2014

Thanks Chris,
In the last few years, wee have showed to the UN agencies and humanitarian organizations our professionalism and capacity to react / adapt rapidly.
We are quite happy to collaborate to various projects like vaccination.  The Lubumbashi project with MSF-UK last spring is an example among many.

But what is essential to progress, this is the necessity to develop an ecosystem where people in the field, humanitarians feed also the map with essential gelocated information about various infrastructures. We also need infos from governments.
Now that everybody in the field have a smarphone or a tablet, we should find ways to progress to a better map with all the actors collaborating.
Wheelmap.org is a nice example of a simple tool that shows hows we could have a map application specific to a domain to both visualize and edit data. I understand that humanitarian organizations have operational challenges in the field.
See https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.wheelmap.android.online
 Pierre