[HOT] West Africa Ebola Outbreak More Jobs for Mali

Pierre BĂ©land pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 18 23:27:30 UTC 2014

We worked closely with OCHA last year to map north of Mali. We are back, to map this time the southern part and prevent the expansion of the Ebola outbreak.

OCHA and UNICEF plan to have field teams to complete the map. Our role is to support them remotely, digitilizing from aerial imagery and working closely with them to describe the essential infrastrucutee.s

With the task 767, we will first map the infrastructures to support the field teams that will go and register informations about schools, place of worship, markets.

http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/767

These teams will take geolocated pictures of the infrastructures and documen them.  This should help us to understand what we see from satellite imagery.

We will again support them, adding information on the map about these essential infrastructures.

Once this is done, we will go back to the same areas and map roads plus if necessary the buildings.

Thanks for this constant support since march and please come again to support this action.

Pierre