[HOT] HOT Summit 30th April - 2nd May 2015 (Save the Date)

Kate Chapman kate.chapman at hotosm.org
Mon Nov 24 21:18:54 UTC 2014

Hi All,

The HOT community has grown tremendously over the past few years. We have
sometimes had HOT meet-ups and sessions at other events, but never our own
gathering. Next year in collaboration we are going to have a HOT Summit in
Washington DC hosted at the American Red Cross on 30th April -2nd May 2015.

The idea of the HOT Summit is to bring together remote mappers, activation
coordinators, local mappers, volunteers, partners and others working with
OSM for humanitarian and crisis related uses. This will be a time for
workshops, talks and an opportunity to meet each other in person. We are
anticipating hosting 100 people this year and are budgeting to provide at
least 20 needs based scholarships (for both remote volunteers and local
mappers).

Are you interested in helping coordinate? Or maybe you know a good
potential sponsor? Let me know!

We will be announcing more in the coming weeks!

Best,

-Kate

--
Kate Chapman