[HOT] Satellite imagery interpretation examples - looking for suggestions

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 14:23:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have started to put some of my idea for an imagery guide down on pages.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Bgirardot/Typical_Road_and_Residential_Task

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tallguy's linking to the buildings feedback page sort of changed my
thinking on how to make these imagery pages, so please consider it in
light of that idea as well, a page you could point someone to that
addresses maybe some of the common issues mappers have with different
types of tasks.

This is very much a work in progress so please let me know if things
aren't going to work for you, images too big, text is hard to read, not
colorblind safe, whatever comes up, not focused on the right issues,
etc. This is the very first part of the first one so it is incomplete as
well, but I thought I'd get feedback early.

At this point I think I am only going to do 2 or 3.

Road network mapping (the example is part of this), village and urban
area mapping, miscellaneous mapping (mines, crops, etc) and that is
about it, but I am open to suggestions.

These are intended to be simple and visual and cover 90% of what people
map for our typical West African tasks.

Best wishes,
Blake