[HOT] Gaza stip, hot export in shape

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 15:17:03 UTC 2014

Fred

Try this http://files.groundtruth.in/gaza_buildings.zip. It's in 4326. It's a bbox around Gaza, so does include features from Israel and Egypt as well; needs another filtering.

I created a new job on HOT Exports, and filtered and reprojected locally into epsg:4326. The projection used by HOT Exports seems to be EPSG:3785, which is Spherical Mercator, used for tiles on the web. That makes sense technically, since the database backing HOT exports, I believe, is the normal tile rendering database. But it doesn't make that much sense from a user perspective, so I added a ticket to at least make the projection an option, and default to 4326: https://github.com/hotosm/hot-exports/issues/80

In any case, let me know if that Shapefile does what you need, or not.

-Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron