[HOT] Satellite imagery interpretation examples - looking for suggestions

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 16 16:43:45 UTC 2014

Hey, well done. Thanks a lot Blake.

There are 519 new contributors (OSM account created after Mar.25) participating to this activation. They represent 39% of the  1,332 contributors for the first 25 weeks of this activation and 18% of the 7.3 million objects edited.

But there participation started to be significant since the beginning of august, and we see it increasing rapidly.  Last week, the new contributors were responsible of 46% of the objects edited for Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. We see that some of them are catching rapidly.  If we want to retain more new contributors, developping such material should really help to support them. It is also important to assure that all of them adapt to the reality of these african countries and provide mapping of quality.

Pierre