[HOT] Missing Maps Mapathon Tuesday 30th September, London UK

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 18:05:34 UTC 2014

Hi fellow HOTties,

On Tuesday 30th September 1800hrs British Summer Time or 1900hrs UTC
depending on which flavour you prefer, there will be a Missing Maps
Mapathon at Skills Matter, Goswell Rd., London. More details on the
Eventbrite site at
http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/missing-maps-hot-september-mapathon-tickets-13271759189?aff=eac2
including an extremely nice map!

The places are going fast, with a maximum of 66 available.

It would be really good to have more HOT mappers coming along to assist
- we have a programme, slideshow, presenters & all of the bits to make
the evening a great success, but the more HOT mappers that can come
along the better. Experts are welcome, but so are newcomers, because you
remember what problems you had to overcome, and you are experts in the
eyes of someone who has never mapped before. If you can come along,
reply by email to me so I know who's coming and when (we can cope with
late arrivals!) - we try to seat HOT mappers amongst new mappers so they
have someone to chat to in the event of hiccups.

I don't know yet which task(s) we will concentrate on, but it would be
great if a few remote validators could give some feedback to our new
mappers - a green square says a thousand words! I'm keen to see the new
messaging system in the Tasking Manager (Thanks to the Techies for
producing it - looks better than anything we had thought of asking
for!). I'll send out a message on the evening with details of our task /
project.

Thanks for reading & I hope to make contact on the evening.

--

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk
<mailto:treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk>)