[HOT] [forum] [Iraq] Need help with data export

althio althio.forum at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 07:58:22 UTC 2015

Hi Hotties,

Maybe somebody would be able to help here :

http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=30463

» Crisis mapping
» [Iraq] Need help with data export

Hey all,

I am working for humanitarian response in Iraq for Syrian refugees and
Iraqi IDPs. For long time information management units struggle to get
up to date bilingual dataset with settlements for Iraq. That would
facilitate a LOT humanitarian response in all sectors. Current COD
from OCHA, used for last months, is based on old digitized maps and is
far away from ideal, only English and in a lot of cases not correct.

Since June I went across a lot of datasets and visits in the fiels,
and can say that OSM data for cities, towns, villages and localities
seems to be the most comprehensive dataset for Iraq. However I
struggle to find a way to export data as bilingual (English and
Arabic). Ideally would need in csv or shp to be able to share with
IMOs. Could anyone give me a hand with this?

Many many thanks!