[HOT] [FIELD PAPERS] Alpha Release

Mhairi O'Hara mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org
Fri Apr 17 05:47:08 UTC 2015

Hello Hotties,

Stamen Design have been working on a new release of Field Papers and now
have an Alpha version ready for testing. Please see a summary of their blog
[1] regarding their recent work and the help they need and would greatly
appreciate from the HOT community:

*"For years, humanitarian efforts have turned to Field Papers to aid
on-the-ground mapping. Now, thanks to a grant from the Hewlett Foundation
by way of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, Stamen is rebooting the
application and refreshing its infrastructure. Our goal is to keep Field
Papers working effortlessly, no matter where they are, and to provide a
foundation for the years ahead.*

*To help us get there, we want to hear from you – is the software working
well? What’s tricky? What’s slow? We’re also looking for translators to
help expand the software to all localities where it is needed.*

*Give next.fieldpapers.org <http://next.fieldpapers.org/> (what we’re
calling today's alpha release) a try and reach out with your feedback or
translations: *

   -
*General feedback and bug
   reports: https://github.com/fieldpapers/fieldpapers/issues
   <https://github.com/fieldpapers/fieldpapers/issues> *
   -
*Join an existing translation team or form a new
   one: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/fieldpapers/
   <https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/fieldpapers/> *

*Note that scanning marked-up atlases back in doesn’t work yet — we’re
rolling that out soon, and then (along with your help and feedback) it’ll
be a beta!"*

Kind regards,

HOT + Stamen Design

--